Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wendyeats.com Reviews Carmela's Caffe

wendyeats.com
July 20, 2011
Carmela's Caffe



I’m always on the search for a delicious, freshly prepared, quick lunch spot. Now I can add Carmela’s Caffe to my list of go to places. Open for lunch Monday-Saturday 11am-2pm, Carmela’s Caffe serves pizzas, various hot and cold sandwiches, and salads all for under $10.  On this occasion I had one of the daily specials – tuna sandwich, seared tuna with fresh spinach, red onion, tomato, and mozzarella. 



Really what is there to say about this sandwich? Does the picture not tell it all?! Everything about this sandwich said FRESH! The tuna itself was excellent and combined with the veggies and cheese it was sublime. It came with just made potato chips which were delicious. You can sub pasta salad, and I think I will next time simply because I do like pasta salad and I haven’t found an amazing one yet. 

As if the sandwich and chips weren’t enough I was persuaded to try a few of the fresh baked cookies.  So for dessert (I’m so failing at my diet.) I had lemon white chocolate, chocolate chip, and royal with a carton of milk.*










Now you should know that I love lemon, and this cookie was incredible! I was instantly hit with the lemon smell and taste. I would have been more than satisfied with just a lemon cookie but the addition of the white chocolate chips really took this cookie over the top!  The chocolate chip cookie was exactly what a chocolate chip cookie should be – soft and chewy and chock-full of chocolate chips.  As for the royal cookie, it was a chocolate-y chunky amalgamation of chocolate chips, macadamia nuts, and shredded coconut.

Stop by Carmela’s for a quick lunch or just pop in for a sweet treat. Whatever you do, make sure to check it out. You won’t be disappointed!

*Carmela’s serves Horizon organic milk! I’m totally in love with this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment